In What Ways Can Cosmetic Dentistry Benefit Your Smile?
All areas of dentistry are seen to benefit your dental health tremendously, apart from cosmetic dentistry. Although patients are quickly getting fond of dental protocols in cosmetic dentistry at Finch East Dental Care, very few understand the benefits of such dental interventions to their smiles.
What Is Cosmetic Dentistry?
It is an area of dentistry that majors in dental procedures that improve the general appearance of teeth. Cosmetic dentistry in Scarborough, ON, is not limited to one aspect of your oral cavity. Instead, cosmetic dentists use various approaches to mitigate all dental flaws you may have that compromise the aesthetics of your smile. Depending on the state of your smile, any underlying dental issues you have, and your dental expectations, a cosmetic dentist can tailor a treatment that would realize a perfect smile. Some of the reasons you need a cosmetic dentist include:
- Teeth whitening – is done to remove stubborn stains and improve the color of your teeth.
- Teeth contouring – is done to restore the shape and structure of your teeth.
- Teeth respacing – is done to close small spaces between teeth while correcting any other unevenness in your smile.
- Gum restorations – to correct the positioning of the gum tissue in your mouth. Gum restorations will correct both a gummy smile and receded gums.
- General dental restorations – target any dental problems like decayed teeth, crooked teeth, unusually short teeth, missing teeth, to mention a few.
How Will You Benefit from Cosmetic Dentistry?
Given the number of transformations you can achieve by visiting a cosmetic dentist near you, there is no doubt that cosmetic dental protocols are beneficial. Still, if you must understand the various benefits of cosmetic dentistry, consider the following:
- Enhancing your appearance – the number one advantage of cosmetic dentistry is that of improving your appearance. Working on your teeth does not just make your smile beautiful. The result will impact your overall facial appearance, accentuating all your lovable features. Other than your beautiful smile, people will end up noticing your beautiful eyes and detailed cheekbones.
- Boosting your confidence – you won’t know how much your confidence is lacking until you have undergone one or two dental procedures to improve the appearance of your smile. When your smile is looking amazing, you have no reason to be shy about being the center of attention in any room.
- Improving your oral hygiene – believe it or not, cosmetic dentists care about your oral hygiene as much as any other dentist. Although their primary concern is not preventive dental care measures like dental cleanings, they will emphasize the relevance of proper hygiene. Besides, after getting dental veneers or after a composite bonding procedure, your teeth can easily get stained if you do not keep them clean. As you will soon come to learn, stains on veneers or composites are not easy to get rid of, as is the case with natural teeth.
- Promoting gum health – cosmetic dentistry will assume some dental protocols like gum grafting surgery to tend to the health of your gums. Ultimately, unhealthy gums will result in diseased teeth, and your smile will not be beautiful.
- Quick solutions to various dental issues – many cosmetic dental procedures are quick fixes for issues that would otherwise need several months of treatment. For instance, instead of wearing braces for 6 to 12 months, you can get dental veneers to close small spaces between your teeth.
- Long-lasting results – although nothing lasts forever, you will be glad to learn that several cosmetic dental procedures last for a long time. A good example is when you whiten your teeth with dental veneers instead of bleaching them. Teeth bleaching will last between 6 and 12 months, while whitening with veneers will last for over 10 years.
- Encouraging better oral habits – sometimes all the motivation your need is aesthetics. Improving the appearance of your smile will give you the psychological boost you need to feel good about your smile enough to want to take care of it. Many beneficiaries of cosmetic dentistry in in Scarborough, ON end up excelling in oral health more after their procedures than they did before.